NOW IN STOCK
We now have both styles of R154 available, The earlier supra style and the later “tripod” style, please check the pictures to make sure you get the correct shifter for your geabox.
We have recently added the AR5 shifter but please keep in mind this is for the Solstice and Sky versions of this box only.
Installation instructions > https://s1sequential.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/r154-installation.pdf
This shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. This product has been designed for easy instaliation for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
- ~ Precise mechanical feed back to the driver.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator (sensor is now included in price of gear indicator, no need to select sensor separately)
- ~ Proven performance.
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift. We have also optimised the design for the best driver feedback possible we do not add any rubber joints to give the driver a smoother feeling as in the performance application we would call that a vague shift
What’s included in this kit?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options.
These options can be selected on this product page, please see gallery image on this page or click through to individual product for more details
- Gear indicator– Displays the current gear https://s1sequential.com/product/gear-indicator
- Gear position sensor– Senses gear position. 0-5V analog output and is needed for the position sensor to function of can be used with an aftermarket ecu or dash https://s1sequential.com/product/rotary-position-sensor
- Shifter Surround– This will cover the shifter and the hole in the transmission tunnel to minimise noise and fumes https://s1sequential.com/product/shifter-surround
- Offset lever– This is used to move the shift lever back or forwards , must have for vipers and Holden Commodores https://s1sequential.com/product/offset-lever
- High linkage lever– Moves the shift lever back or forwards and uses a high lever while maintaining short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/high-mount-sequential-lever
- Direct high lever– Moves the shift lever up and uses a linkage system to preserve the short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/direct-high-lever
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
R154 that comes with the linkage type shifter (tripod style) as pictured, this will not suit other variants of r154 or other gearboxes.
What is included?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options :
- The gear indicator and sensor can be used to display what gear you are in.
- The position sensor on its own can be used to display gear on many aftermarket displays)
- Offset lever can be used to move the shift lever backwards or forwards this is recomended for vx-vz commodores
- Shifter surround will help keep noise and fumes out of the car around the shifter opening.
- The high linkage lever will give you a high mount lever while maintaining the short thow and can move the lever backwards or forwards. This is mostly used for race cars and when the lever position needs to be moved further than about 70mm.