Sequential shifter Magnum
The Magnum shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. We have shifter variants to suit Tremec Magnum, Magnum F & Magnum XL.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator (sensor is now included in price of gear indicator, no need to select sensor separately)
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift.
What’s included in this kit?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert yourTremec Magnum to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options.
These options can be selected on this product page, please see gallery image on this page or click through to individual product for more details
- Gear indicator– Displays the current gear https://s1sequential.com/product/gear-indicator
- Gear position sensor– Senses gear position. 0-5V analog output and is needed for the position sensor to function of can be used with an aftermarket ecu or dash https://s1sequential.com/product/rotary-position-sensor
- Shifter Surround– This will cover the shifter and the hole in the transmission tunnel to minimise noise and fumes https://s1sequential.com/product/shifter-surround
- Offset lever– This is used to move the shift lever back or forwards , must have for vipers and Holden Commodores https://s1sequential.com/product/offset-lever
- High linkage lever– Moves the shift lever back or forwards and uses a high lever while maintaining short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/high-mount-sequential-lever
- Direct high lever– Moves the shift lever up and uses a linkage system to preserve the short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/direct-high-lever
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
- This version is to suit the after market Magnum gearbox with the large 6 bolt shifter mounting flange (original Magnum box) , the Magnum XL with the extended housing and 4 bolts shifter (Ford upgrade) mount or the Magnum F (4th gen Camaro/Commodore upgrade). Please select the correct version in the drop down box. If you are unsure which version of the sequential shifter you need please contact us and we will help work that out. Keep in mind that all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars you may need to modify transmission tunnel to suit.
*Magnum xl gearbox will need a small modification to the gearbox for fitment.
Downloaded as a pdf Magnum instructions.
All direct mount shifters are design to fit the gearbox and not a specific car, with direct mount shifters most require some trimming of the transmission tunnel and we have the “shifter surround” part available to seal this back up. In most cars the shifter will clear the interior trims and look neat once installed, if you can’t find a picture of a shifter installed in your model of car send us a message.