Please read this link to check you are choosing the best product for you : https://s1sequential.com/tremec-t56-tr6060-magnum-shifter-selector
This t56 shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. This has been designed for easy instaliation for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Get the next gear every time!
The t56 shifter is designed for the t56 transmissions for 4th gen Camaros and vx-vy Commodores.
- ~ Precise mechanical feed back to the driver.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator (sensor is now included in price of gear indicator, no need to select sensor separately)
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift.
What’s included in this kit?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options.
These options can be selected on this product page, please see gallery image on this page or click through to individual product for more details
- Gear indicator– Displays the current gear https://s1sequential.com/product/gear-indicator
- Gear position sensor– Senses gear position. 0-5V analog output and is needed for the position sensor to function of can be used with an aftermarket ecu or dash https://s1sequential.com/product/rotary-position-sensor
- Shifter Surround– This will cover the shifter and the hole in the transmission tunnel to minimise noise and fumes https://s1sequential.com/product/shifter-surround
- Offset lever– This is used to move the shift lever back or forwards , must have for vipers and Holden Commodores https://s1sequential.com/product/offset-lever
- High linkage lever– Moves the shift lever back or forwards and uses a high lever while maintaining short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/high-mount-sequential-lever
- Direct high lever– Moves the shift lever up and uses a linkage system to preserve the short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/direct-high-lever
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
This version is to suit what would be considered the early GM t56 cars and include the gearboxes from:
- ~ Vt – Vz Holden Commodore ( T56 only).
- ~ 4th gen Camaro/Firebird.
- ~ Gto / Monaro.
- ~ For the Magnum F variant see the Magnum product listing https://s1sequential.com/product/sequential-shifter-t56-magnum/
(Dimensioned drawings are available for you to check compatibility, all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars, you may need to modify the transmission tunnel to suit.)
What is included?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options :
- The gear indicator and sensor can be used to display what gear you are in.
- The position sensor on its own can be used to display gear on many aftermarket displays.
- Offset lever can be used to move the shift lever backwards or forwards this is recomended for vx-vz commodores.
- Shifter surround will help keep noise and fumes out of the car around the shifter opening.
- The high linkage lever will give you a high mount lever while maintaining the short thow and can move the lever backwards or forwards. This is mostly used for race cars and when the lever position needs to be moved further than about 70mm.
- The direct high lever will give a high shift position mounted directly to the shifter.
Instructions can be downloaded as a pdf here T56 sequential shifter installation instructions.
All direct mount shifters are design to fit the gearbox and not a specific car, with direct mount shifters most require some trimming of the transmission tunnel and we have the “shifter surround” part available to seal this back up. In most cars the shifter will clear the interior trims and look neat once installed, if you can’t find a picture of a shifter installed in your model of car send us a message.