This shifter suits Ford and Viper transmissions.
This shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. This product has been designed for easy instaliation for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
- ~ Precise mechanical feed back to the driver.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator ( requires position sensor to work).
- ~ Proven performance.
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift. We have also optimised the design for the best driver feedback possible we do not add any rubber joints to give the driver a smoother feeling as in the performance application we would call that a vague shift
What’s included in this kit?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options.
These options can be selected on this product page, please see gallery image on this page or click through to individual product for more details
- Gear indicator– Displays the current gear https://s1sequential.com/product/gear-indicator
- Gear position sensor– Senses gear position. 0-5V analog output and is needed for the position sensor to function of can be used with an aftermarket ecu or dash https://s1sequential.com/product/rotary-position-sensor
- Shifter Surround– This will cover the shifter and the hole in the transmission tunnel to minimise noise and fumes https://s1sequential.com/product/shifter-surround
- Offset lever– This is used to move the shift lever back or forwards , must have for vipers and Holden Commodores https://s1sequential.com/product/offset-lever
- High linkage lever– Moves the shift lever back or forwards and uses a high lever while maintaining short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/high-mount-sequential-lever
- Direct high lever– Moves the shift lever up and uses a linkage system to preserve the short throw https://s1sequential.com/product/direct-high-lever
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
This shifter will fit the Ford t56 and tr6060 as found in some Ford Falcons and also the T56 used in some mustang cobras. Both of these cars will require some trimming of the transmission tunnel for clearance of the shifter but this can be sealed back up with the optional “shifter surround” but on both these cars the end result with trims fitted will look very neat and tidy.
Viper gearboxes, all years but take care to get the correct option t56/tr6060 and keep in mind that although this shifter will fit the viper gearbox, it will not clear standard Viper body work so is suitable for race teams, custom builds and anyone willing to make it work. We cannot make a viper shifter that will fit in the oem position as there is not enough clearance for the mechanisim in the car.
Installation instructions can be downloaded as pdf here Ford sequential gearbox conversion instructions. Please notice that a slight modification must be made to the gearbox housing for ford variant of the shifter.
All direct mount shifters are design to fit the gearbox and not a specific car, with direct mount shifters most require some trimming of the transmission tunnel and we have the “shifter surround” part available to seal this back up. In most cars the shifter will clear the interior trims and look neat once installed, if you can’t find a picture of a shifter installed in your model of car send us a message.
Street test video can be seen here: sequential gearbox conversion street test
Other videos including on track here: sequential gearbox conversion video