We finally have the CD001-CD009, CD00A and Jk sequential shifter complete, after designing and testing a couple of variations we settled on the classic design we have been using for many years with a small change of shift pattern that I think suits this gearbox well, the shift pattern is 123456 with neutral being a half shift between 1 and 2 and reverse being selected from neutral with the lock out lever.
This shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. This product has been designed for easy installation for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
- ~ Precise mechanical feed back to the driver.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator (sensor is now included in price of gear indicator, no need to select sensor separately)
- ~ Proven performance.
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
- 2021 update smooth shift indexing cam.
- These are available in right lever only.
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift. We have also optimized the design for the best driver feedback possible we do not add any rubber joints to give the driver a smoother feeling as in the performance application we would call that a vague shift.
What is included?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options :
- The gear indicator and sensor can be used to display what gear you are in.
- The position sensor on its own can be used to display gear on many aftermarket displays)
- Offset lever can be used to move the shift lever backwards or forwards.
- Shifter surround will help keep noise and fumes out of the car around the shifter opening.
- The high linkage lever will give you a high mount lever while maintaining the short thow and can move the lever backwards or forwards. This is mostly used for race cars and when the lever position needs to be moved further than about 70mm.
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
- This version is to suit the aftermarket Nissan CD001-CD009, CD00A and Jk gearboxes, please remember we make shifters to fit gearboxes and not specific cars. The lever is adjustable in angle and we have a couple of accessories such as the offset lever and the high mount linkage lever that can help with fitment.
- The long version of this shifter is in a similar position to the factory 350Z shifter but is not a perfect fit to this car, it still may need modifications to the vehicle to fit.
The video below is a prototype, Your shifter will of course use cnc aluminum and not laser cut steel plates.